Campus Map Help
The Interactive Campus Map allows users to easily view location details about WU’s departments, services or points of interest such as the buildings D1 to D5 (department buildings), TC (Teaching Center), SC (Students Center), AD (Administration), LC (Learning Center), EA (Executive Academy). A basement.at map is used as a background map. In order to navigate on the map, click on the map and drag the map in the desired position. To minimize or enlarge the map, use the scroll wheel of your mouse or the buttons of the zoom bar. To enlarge the map, you can also double-click on the desired position.
To use the search function, enter at least three characters in the search field. If you have entered e.g. “Lib”, all results which start with “Lib” are automatically displayed. After selecting a search result, it is displayed in the map.
Via the routing function, you can enter a starting and end point and the optimal path between these two points will be displayed.
In addition to the map view and satellite images, the Interactive Campus Map gives you information on the distance and walking time of a route. If a route is leading over more than one level, the route section of the active level is displayed with a thick line. The rest of the route is displayed with a dotted or thin line. If you are e.g. in TC.1.02 on level 1 and you want to create a route to the main entrance on level 0, the route from TC.1.02 to the staircase is displayed thicker than the part from the staircase to the main entrance. If you select level 0 as active level, the thickness of the lines is changing. If the option “Barrier Free Route” is activated, you will not be directed via stairs.
“POIs“ (points of interest) mark interesting or useful places and landmarks on the Campus. On the left side of the screen, you can find the following main categories:
- “Access“: contains all kinds of information points, entrances and parking (including public transport, bicycle stands and parking lots for motorbikes)
- "Academic“: includes IT- and learning-facilities, academic departments and libraries
- “Facilities“: includes food, bookstores, restrooms, sports
- "Public Infrastructure“: shows i.a. photocopiers, lockers, changing rooms, ATMs
- “Safety & Security“: contains assembly points, first aid and quiet rooms, medical officer
To activate or deactivate an icon, click on the icon. If you select a category with subcategories, all categories below are shown on the map.
The toolbar which is placed above the map offers different options and functions (description of the icons from left to right):
- “Zoom to Campus”: displays the entire Campus
- “Share map”: creates a link with the current map section
- Download map as an image
- Download map as PDF
Select Floor Level
This function enables you to activate the desired floor level and display it in the map. Click on the desired floor level (e.g. 4=floor level 4) in order to display all rooms on the selected floor level.
Click the plus or minus symbol to zoom in and out of the map.
Direct links to rooms or points of interest (“POIs“) can easily be created. Click on the option "Share link" in the pop-up of the search result and then copy the link directly from the window. As regards POIs, you can copy links to single POIs or a whole POI-category. After clicking on the “Share” button, two different URLs are provided. If you want to show more than one POI category at the same time, put a comma between the category numbers, e.g. https://campus.wu.ac.at/de/?poi-cat-id=64,65,66,67,71
Moreover, additional parameters such as zoom level, menu on the left, horizontal menu as well as the display of the footer can be controlled:
- Zoom level: The maximum zoom level is 22. With unique search terms, zoom level 18 is automatically used. You can set a different zoom level by using the addition "zlevel=Zoomlevel", e.g.: https://campus.wu.ac.at/?campus=1&q=TC.0.02&zlevel=22
- Suppressing menu panel, header or footer for embedding into a website:
- Suppressing the webpage header: https://campus.wu.ac.at/?campus=1&hide-top=true
- Suppressing the left menu panel: https://campus.wu.ac.at/?campus=1&hide-left=true
- Suppressing the webpage footer: https://campus.wu.ac.at/?campus=1&hide-footer=true
- o Suppressing the header, footer and menu panel: https://campus.wu.ac.at/?campus=1&hide-top=true&hide-left=true&hide-footer=true
It is also possible to create direct links to particular routes. After creating a route on “Campus”, click on the “Share route” button and copy the URL directly from the window. Make sure that starting and end point (in URL: “routeStart” and “routeEnd”) are precisely defined. For routes by foot, the parameter “type=0” is automatically added. Barrier-free routes are created via the parameter “type=1”.
Please report any feedback to email@example.com.